- Thanks to @MKEPressClub for hosting the Open Government Traveling Show yesterday. @jamesbnelson captured the action: ow.ly/reRU309YuOE 1 week ago
- RT @MVetterkind: How Are You Celebrating National Hug a Newsperson Day? adweek.it/1qjYjPD 11 months ago
- RT @spj_tweets: See SPJ Prez-elect @lwalsh on @NBCNightlyNews at 6:30 p.m. EST tonight as she discusses the Sean Penn @RollingStone story o… 1 year ago
- RT @JRadske: State board rescinds public records decision host.madison.com/news/local/gov… 1 year ago
- Journos: On 3/14/16 attend the "Reporting on Religion" conference in Madison; More info, to register: ow.ly/VZ7C2 @SunshineWeek 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Sunshine Week
Madison area journalists and journalism students are invited to the NBC15 studios on Thursday, March 16, 2017, to celebrate Sunshine Week. March 16th is the 266th birthday of James Madison, fourth president and author of the First Amendment, which includes … Continue reading
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 23, 2016 Contact: Mark Pitsch, (608) 252-6145; Bill Lueders, (608) 669-4712 Open Government Advocates to Take Show on the Road Advocates of open government in Wisconsin are planning a three-day, eight-city informational tour to highlight the … Continue reading
MADISON — SPJ Madison members met with Next Door Brewing Company head brewer Bryan Kreiter on Feb. 24 to discuss beermaking as the groups prepare to launch Sunshine Wheat. The American wheat beer will debut March 16 at a celebration … Continue reading
SPJ Madison, Next Door Brewing collaborate on American wheat beer to honor the First Amendment, open government and Wisconsin journalism MADISON – The Madison chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists and Next Door Brewing invite journalists and advocates of … Continue reading
Your Right to Know By Mark Pitsch As part of national Sunshine Week, March 16-22, members of the Madison student and professional chapters of the Society of Professional Journalists fanned out across the capital city, handing out fortune cookies.
The Society of Professional Journalists named the Wisconsin Legislature a recipient of its “Black Hole” Award. The award goes to government bodies that fail to act in a transparent manner or that limit the public’s right to know. SPJ cited … Continue reading
Mark Pitsch, SPJ Madison pro chapter president, urges government agencies to commit to transparency. Read his op-ed, first printed in the March 11 Wisconsin State Journal, here.