MADISON — The Madison chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists is hosting its second “Speed Networking” event for journalism students from 7-8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8.
The event, sponsored by the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, will be in 2195 Vilas Hall at UW-Madison (821 University Ave.) and will include one-on-one sessions with editors, newsroom leaders and reporters from the Madison area.
During the event, students will have the opportunity to participate in three 10-minute sessions with journalism professionals, as well as network with other editors, reporters and students during a pizza dinner.
Participating students are asked to bring their resumes, clips and questions about the internship and job hunt process.
Interested students can register here: http://bit.ly/2OkX8uT.
Contact organizer Breann Schossow with any questions: email@example.com
Below is a list of editors and reporters who are attending:
- Dylan Brogan – Staff Writer, Isthmus
- Judith Davidoff – Editor, Isthmus
- Ed Reams – News Director, WKOW
- Emily Shullaw – Designer, Lee Enterprises
- Molly Stentz – News Director, WORT-FM
- Rob Thomas – Features Editor, Capital Times
- Marisa Wojcik – Reporter, Wisconsin Public Television
And the following is a list of SPJ Madison members who will also be onsite to talk with students:
- Breann Schossow – Producer, Wisconsin Public Radio
- Hayley Sperling – Engagement Editor, Wiscontext
- Victoria Davis – Full-time freelancer, Isthmus, Capital Times and Wisconsin Life