The Madison Pro chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists is hosting its annual Holiday Mixer and Raffle on Thursday, Dec. 19, from 6-9 p.m. at the Argus Bar, 123 E. Main St., just off the Capitol Square. The party will take place in the downstairs bar. All area journalists are invited, and the event is free.
This year, the party will feature a pot-luck meal, so please bring an appetizer, side dish, main dish or dessert to share.
The raffle features more than $500 in prizes, including:
- 10-class yoga pass to Dragonfly Yoga, courtesy WKOW ($150 value)
- Aerial photograph of Lambeau Field, courtesy Gordon Govier ($150 value)
- $100 Madison Originals gift certificate, courtesy SPJ
- Two tickets to Isthmus Beer & Cheese Fest ($80 value), courtesy Isthmus
- Wisconsin Public Radio gift package, courtesy WPR
- Wisconsin Public Television gift package, courtesy WPT
- $25 Edible Arrangements gift certificate, courtesy WKOW
- $20 Tanger Outlet gift certificate, courtesy WKOW
- Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism beer stein, courtesy WCIJ
- $10 One Barrel Brewing gift certificate, courtesy Dee J. Hall
- 6-pack Beer Baron sampler, courtesy Chris Drosner, “aka” Beer Baron
- 12-pack Homebrew sampler, courtesy Mark Pitsch
- Numerous books by Wisconsin journalists and authors, courtesy the authors and/or Wisconsin State Journal
New raffle items are expected in the coming weeks.
Proceeds from the raffle will support SPJ’s Madison chapter. SPJ members and journalists who renew their memberships or join the organization on the night of the party will receive a free drink. (Journalists or news organizations that would like to donate raffle items should contact Rebecca Wasieleski,firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mark Pitsch,email@example.com.)
RSVPs are appreciated, but not necessary. Contact: Rebecca Wasieleski, secretary/treasurer, Madison Pro chapter, Society of Professional Journalists,firstname.lastname@example.org