The Madison Pro Chapter hosted about 40 journalists from around Wisconsin at the Capital Newspapers auditorium for a daylong workshop to help them hone their political reporting skills. Because 2012 is going a monster year for political news with recalls, a presidential contest, and much more. As veteran political reporter Steve Walters said, “It’s going to be a long dance.” A full report on the day, with audio of all sessions, on a special page of our website, at https://spjmadisononline.wordpress.com/battleground-wisconsin-the-2012-elections/.
- How many of these ideas are you trying in your newsroom? buff.ly/2AroYPp 2 weeks ago
- RT @jessieopie: Random woman walking by WI Capitol Press Room: "Thank god for freedom of the press!" Thanks, random woman! 3 weeks ago
- RT @SPJMadison: Save the date for our annual holiday party and raffle Dec. 14! Proceeds to benefit @dailycardinal & @BadgerHerald https://t… 1 month ago
- RT @Poynter: Founder of new local news project in Detroit: 'It's on us ... the cavalry is not coming' poynter.org/news/founder-n… https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- Madison-based science freelancer @cwillyard is featured in the latest The Kicker podcast from @cjr buff.ly/2l9Spmw 1 month ago