NEW ORLEANS — The Society of Professional Journalists honored Wisconsin State Journal reporter David Wahlberg on Saturday at its annual awards banquet. Wahlberg was honored for his 11-part series on health care in rural Wisconsin. The series won the award for non-deadline reporting for newspapers with circulation between 50,000 and 100,000. The banquet served as a kick off for the SPJ-RTDNA Excellence in Journalism conference in New Orleans.
- How many of these ideas are you trying in your newsroom? buff.ly/2AroYPp 1 week ago
- RT @jessieopie: Random woman walking by WI Capitol Press Room: "Thank god for freedom of the press!" Thanks, random woman! 2 weeks ago
- RT @SPJMadison: Save the date for our annual holiday party and raffle Dec. 14! Proceeds to benefit @dailycardinal & @BadgerHerald https://t… 4 weeks ago
- RT @Poynter: Founder of new local news project in Detroit: 'It's on us ... the cavalry is not coming' poynter.org/news/founder-n… https://t.co/… 4 weeks ago
- Madison-based science freelancer @cwillyard is featured in the latest The Kicker podcast from @cjr buff.ly/2l9Spmw 4 weeks ago